Our church campus consists of a historic (over 100 years old) church building on the corner of Birch and 231st Avenue in Hillsboro, Oregon and the Parish House north of the main building on Birch street.
For the main building, ramp access is available at both the Sanctuary level and the lower level basement, where the Social Hall and classrooms are located. Ramps are located for both levels at the south entrance, on Birch Street, near the designated handicap parking spaces. A ramp is also available for access at the Parish House.
We are happy to host weddings, commitment ceremonies, professional organizational events, lectures, music classes, private teaching or tutoring.
The sanctuary ceiling is a dramatic example of carpenter-gothic architecture, with massive wooden beams supporting a classic hand-made wooden ceiling. The church features beautiful wooden pews, custom-built in 1910 to curve around the arc of the sanctuary floor. The seating area slopes downward toward the chancel, providing everyone in the congregation a clear view of the ceremony or lecture. A private lounge area provides family and wedding party members a place to wait comfortably before the ceremony. A separate bride’s room, with full-length mirror and ironing board, is easily accessible from the back of the sanctuary, with access to a restroom.
Our Social Hall is a lovely restoration of the 1910 vintage, with modern reproduction light fixtures, new carpeting and muted period colors. Several small classrooms are available as well as a playground, large yard and a church garden outside.
The main church building is available for rentals for weddings, commitment ceremonies, community meetings, and social events that are in congruence with our Unitarian Universalist faith and principles. Please check for more information and request a booking via the calendar.