Making a Joyful Noise!
Because singing together feels good, builds community, and improves the health of singers and listeners.
Who we are:
Singers of all abilities who love to sing in harmony and help lead worship.
What we do:
Sing in worship twice a month, plus special events at church and in community.
Who’s at the piano:
Ingrid Unterseher, and sometimes Sheryl Macy
When and where rehearsals are held:
7:00-8:30pm Thursdays in the sanctuary (late August through early June)
Choir Sundays: 45 minutes before worship
*If you’re not sure about your voice or ability to match pitch:
Contact Ray for a friendly voice check and section placement. True tone deafness is extremely rare. Some folks just don’t have much practice holding pitch when surrounded by harmonies. It’s eminently learnable!
- Rehearse together weekly
- physical / vocal / ensemble warm-ups
- learn cool music in a supportive atmosphere
- build musical friendships
What you need to bring to choir:
- heart, ears, mind, lungs, throat
- commitment to rehearsal times
- ability to match pitch and hold part with your section
- reading music: useful, but not required
Who’s up front waving his hands and talking:
Ray Elliott email the music director