The Chalice Lighter Program supports the growth of new and existing member congregations in the Pacific Northwest District by providing grants to help fund vital aspects of their growth plans. Grants are funded exclusively through contributions from Unitarian Universalists who participate as Chalice Lighters.
A Chalice Lighter is a person who agrees to donate at least $20, three times a year. These donations are combined with donations from other Pacific Northwest District congregation members to fund specific grant requests by district congregations.
Chalice Lighter Calls
When you become a Chalice Lighter you receive three call letters a year. There is always an active call: Fall (July 1-October 31), Winter (November 1-February 28), and Spring (March 1-June 30). Each call letter explains the express purpose of the call and asks for your donation of at least $20.
Chalice Lighter Grants
To be eligible for a Chalice Lighter grant, a congregation must have:
- Honor Congregation status with the PNWD and UUA:
- At least 30% of the congregation’s total membership enrolled in and contributing to the Chalice Lighter program.
UUCCWC has recently benefited from two Chalice Lighter grants which helped funded our Sound System Upgrade (2020) and Parish House Roof Replacement (2018).
To Become a Chalice Lighter, go to the Chalice Lighters Sign Up page. Once your enrollment is processed, you will receive notifications of each new call by email or mail.
To donate to Chalice Lighters:
- Make a one-time gift (to one or all calls) on the PNWD Giving Page.
- Set up automatic monthly payments on the PNWD Automatic Giving Page.
- To contribute by check, make your check payable to PNWD Chalice Lighters, write UUCCWC on the memo line, and mail to:
PNWD Chalice Lighters
P.O. Box 567
Brighton, CO 80601
Through many people giving modest amounts, we can accomplish great things!
For more information contact Barbara Hart.