Welcome to the religious exploration program at UUCCWC!
UUCCWC’s religious exploration program promotes the search for individual beliefs in a safe learning community.
We explore our UU Principles:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
We explore our UU Sources:
- Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life
- Words and deeds of prophetic people which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love
- Wisdom from the world’s religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life
- Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God’s love by loving our neighbors as ourselves
- Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit
- Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
We provide children the opportunity to explore and learn in a nurturing spiritual community.
Nursery and children’s religious exploration programs are offered on Sunday mornings. Currently all children, except Nursery, come to worship at 10:00am. After the first part of the service, the children leave to attend their classes. Classes are held in the lower level of the church during the remainder of the worship service. If your children would be more comfortable with you in the class the first few Sundays, you are welcome to join them in their class.
If you would like more information, please contact the religious exploration coordinator.